Thursday, January 24, 2008

I love this city because...

There's this guy who runs a door to door knife sharpening service with free pickup and dropoff for Bernal residents. Which for one more week I technically am! So I shot him an email and am now waiting. My knives are bad. And I need them to be sharp, especially if I end up going to a potato printing party on Sunday...

East bay adventures can wait one more week. It occurred to me last night how many cake tags there will be everywhere. And my east bay friends are selfishly excited to count me in again and I as well am bashfully excited to return to Oakland and be somewhere restful and peaceful and no longer in the doghouse.

It's strange the way things pivot. Something is perfect or at least adequate and then it turns, becomes undesireable. Or momentum gathers unexpectedly. I've got bills to pay, mail to tend to, stories to write, in short a life that's been on hold for two weeks to pick up, and lots of books and clothing to pack up because that is basically all I own. Little boys' t shirts, cookbooks, novels, kitchen stuff...time to crank up the music, turn on the space heater and drag some order down to the chaos.

No comments: