Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Lydia Shire was at East Coast Grille tonight! It was totally funny, because my mom spotted her and all I could think was, well how do you even know who she is? And of course my mom got all offended, and then asked the waitress if it was in fact her, and it was, and then we started speculating on Lydia Shire...She's more diminuitive in real life...

my mom actually dared me to go up to her and tell her I made the butterscoth sauce she'd just featured in the Boston Globe a few weeks back, but I was too nervous to do it plus I had food stains on my shirt from some sweet potato that went tumbling awry.

Also, I ate fish. For the first time in like 7 years, or so...really just a bite or two of swordfish. Enough to realize that it didn't taste overwhelmingly oceany, and enough to understand that it was chewy, dense, and slightly rubbery in the mouth. A whole world of flavors out there that I just don't know...

will I do it bite by bite? at what point will I stop or even really get started? (Not pickles, not tonight, but pickled carrots, which were unpleasant)...

No comments: