Thursday, October 05, 2006

bread and chocolate

I went to visit my friends Joyce and Erica at the new bakery where they work in Newtonville, bread and chocolate. The space is so bright and design-y and cute! They sell sandwiches, pastries, cakes, and even dog treats for dogs with sensitive stomachs.

It was nice to see my friends. Even nicer to tell them I have a new job on swanky old Newbury Street. Messy little me with an intense job...

I took the mini chocolate mousse cake home with me. The ganache dripped lusciously down the side of the cake. The structure of the mousse was perfect. Not grainy at all, dense and rich and so creamy. Yum, mousse. With a tiny bit of genoise soaked in some sort of liquor-y syrup...what flavor, though, was hard to tell. Bailey's, maybe? Kahlua? The mousse should have been amped up with a little of the flavoring to make it more intense. That said, it's hard enough finding a good chocolate mousse that I'll settle for the smile that puts on my face.

No comments: