Thursday, February 19, 2009

i need something new to read

...because I think I've worked my way through the following, not all of whom I completely love...or even like...but have indeed read.


Jonathan Franzen, Jonathan Lethem, Michelle Tea, Stacy D'Erasmo, Junot Diaz, Alison Bechdel, Adrian Tomine, George Saunders, Michael Chabon, Carole Maso, Ali Liebegott, Scott Heim, TC Boyle, Charles Baxter, Michael Cunningham, AM Homes, Jeanette Winterson, David Sedaris, Amy Bloom, and most feted short story collections of the recent past.

I haven't read the new Jhumpa Lahiri. I haven't read much Steve Almond (somehow...I must never leave the house). I have decided on this long-awaited piece and this hole in my collection.

Currently reading some Dashiel Hammett. Probably not good for my general blend of cynicism and anxiety.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would recommend both Ariel Gore and Laurie Colwin.

so much cake so little time said...

funny. i was looking through my books tonight after we talked trying to find SOMEthing i hadn't read, and i found a laurie colwin novel (goodbye without leaving). i've only read her food writing.