Wednesday, February 06, 2008

it doesn't matter what i do

not for all the tea in china
not if i could sing like a bird
not for all north carolina

not if i could write for you
the sweetest song you ever heard

it doesn't matter what i do


It's that time of the week when I step out of the pantry station and back into the pastry kitchen. It's odd to start your week off in garde manger. To be three days at least, sometimes four, out of working with your tiny team. Sure I see them; I clean their kitchen, inventory their items, sometimes plate their desserts but I'm there to work with someone else's systems and products. Stepping back into the pk midweek is sometimes like walking into the eye of a hurricane, or stepping out your front door into a deluge. The week is underway. Things are afoot and I know slightly of them, but all I know of pastry is the trails it leaves behind. What products we have or are running low on. This week the transition was less rocky, for whatever reason, and I got to work early today and knocked a couple things out before setting up the station. Those days of course are also the days you get sent home super early. There are parties tomorrow. Things to get ready for. I've got a million loads of laundry to do and I should take a shower, clean my room. etc.

No comments: