Thursday, December 28, 2006

Obnoxious/Alice Waters 2 /chocolate and lemon

I'm having a Chez Panisse dinner party. I never thought I would become this person:

For everyone familiar with the cuisine of Alice Waters--and those of you who are not--I'm having my first-ever dinner party in my new house and I hope you all will come!

Menu to Include:
Endive Salad with Figs and Walnuts
Pollo al Mattone with Lemon and Garlic
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Spicy Broccoli Raab
Honey-Pistachio Brittle Ice Cream with Lavender Sauce

I will possibly obtain the chicken from Live Poultry Fresh Killed in Cambridge. If anyone is interested in checking out the place with me you are certainly welcome. If anyone wants to take me to the real Chez Panisse for dinner, you are also more than welcome to do so any time you would like.
---

And while we're here what is with the presence of lemon in chocolatey desserts. Maybe I should try it before I knock it.

From Spire's Valentine's 06 menu: Hot Chocolate Tart with Meyer Lemon Ice Cream and Espresso Sauce.

From Frisson's winter 06 menu, Hazelnut Chocolate Parfait with Cocoa Noir Cake, Meyer Lemon, Lavender Ice Milk.

No comments: