Wednesday, May 07, 2008

potential



It's going to be a challenge to turn the yard into a *nice* yard but it's got tons of potential. I bought a scuffle hoe today and it made me really, really happy. I cleared out two of the raised beds we have (yeah, we've got a bunch of raised beds. and a lot of direct and indirect light.) It took a lot of work but they're finally down to earth, and I watered and turned over the soil.

We've got berry bushes, a charcoal grill, a smoker, and some type of wild onion. As far as what to actually plant, I'm still figuring it out. I'm used to the east coast, when things would just be getting in the ground right about now. As is, we're behind, but should still hope for some sort of harvest. I'm really happy with the new place, even if it is a lot of raw materials that need some good care.

No comments: